Friday, December 28, 2012

Seven 15 Minute Clutter Busting Ideas



SEVEN 15 MIN CLUTTER BUSTING IDEAS

We’ve all been motivated to de-clutter our homes but don’t have the time.
I believe if you take 15 minutes a day dedicated to clutter busting a specific area - your results will be visible at the end of the week.
Visible results provoke enthusiasm and consistency making you more motivated and less stressed. 


Below are 7 “things” that you can easily get rid of in 15 minutes or less.
  1. Hangers from the dry cleaner. Go into your closet(s) and remove all of those wire hangers from the dry cleaners. Most dry cleaners recycle these back - or toss them into the recycle bin. They are awful for your clothing not to mention unsightly. If you have clothing wrapped in those plastic dry clean bags, remove the bags and recycle them right away. According to Mary Marlowe Leverette from About.com “Leaving freshly cleaned laundry in the bag can cause yellowing, staining and weakening of fibers”.
  2. Plastic stadium cups. Faded from love, who knows what’s in them. Recycle them. This counts for plastic children’s cups too.
    Are we positive that the BPA standards are being met here?
  3. Clothes with stains. These do not double as rags. They are not donate-able. Toss them.
  4. Florist’s vases. Great for donating or tossing. Keeping these only take up valuable space in your kitchen or pantry.
  5. Expired coupons. As a single mom I coupon a lot. I do not have a binder or a stock room. I have one envelope where I keep the most relevant coupons. No matter how detailed your couponing is you are bound to have a lot of expired ones. Go through them and recycle the ones that have expired or that you really won’t use.
  6. Junk Mail. It’s easy to spot, easy to recycle folks and not helpful to anyone! Do not bring junk mail into the house. Immediately put it in the recycle bin if you can.
  7. Receipts from the grocery store. If the receipt is over a week old, you’re probably aren’t planning on returning anything. With the price of gas plus time and effort, would that return be worth it?
    Shred or recycle these out of your purse, pockets, drawers etc.
Rachel Seavey, Professional Organizer
I am located in Pleasanton Ca, and serve the San Francisco Bay Area.
I specialize in Hoarding Disorder, Chronic Disorganization and helping the overwhelmed with clutter. I love what I do, and I provide realistic expectations and timelines. Don't suffer in chaos any  more. Every breath is a new beginning! Please visit my site at www.collectorcare.com
Tweet me on Twitter : Like my Facebook page : Find me on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment