We completely understand that you are in pain, or you have depression. We are all about you doing what you have to do to feel better. I just get very nervous when ... your prescription medications are all over the place. I covered this lightly on my blog about staying organized while undergoing surgery... but after finding bottles and bottles of really hard stuff often - I decided it should become its own topic of discussion. Do you take medication? Whether you misplace your bottles within the clutter and have to reorder them, or you are forgetful and leave them around - this blog is for you.
The most important thing is to keep all of your medication away from other people (especially kids) and away from your pets.
Below are 4.5 tips to help you stay organized when you take prescription medicine.
- Corral. Keep all of your prescriptions together in one clear plastic bin. Use weekly pill containers and divide up your medication two - three weeks at a time. Make note on your calendar for upcoming refills so there are no surprises.
- Organize. Use two different colors for your containers so you can make it easy to tell which pills you take at day and night. Keep these containers in the same place everyday, located close to where you take your medicine.
Check out our Pinterest ideas above!
- Assign. Multiple household members taking medicine? Assign specific colored containers for each family member so that there are no accidents. Not using a container? Color the top of the bottle with a different colored sharpie for each member.
- List. If you easily forget whether you have taken your meds or not, you might want to download a printable list and track your medication closely.
- Dispose. Not sure where to take your old medicine? http://rxdrugdropbox.org/map-search/ find a location on this
Rachel Seavey, Professional Organizer (and blogger) For Collector Care
Collector Care specializes in hoarding disorder, chronic disorganization and professional organizing. We love what we do, and provide realistic expectations and timelines. Please visit our website at