Wednesday, December 26, 2012

3 Tips To Avoid Excessive Clutter After The Holidays

Does your house look like a holiday explosion?

www.freedigitalphotos.netHere are three simple tips to help you tidy up your home before the New Year.
  1. Pick up and recycle all wrapping paper and boxes immediately. Do not save used wrapping paper to use for next year.  My great grandmother used to ever so carefully open her presents so that she could reuse the gift wrap for another gift. Rip your gifts open folks, enjoy yourselves! Tearing the wrapping is part of the fun. Keeping used wrapping adds to clutter. Do make sure you recycle responsibly.
  2. For each item brought in, take one item out. This includes you, your kids, your spouse and your pets - every family member has there own equal amount of "stuff". 
  3. Put away those decorations.  Remember your tables when you could see the surfaces? Yup folks it's time to put away those nutcrackers, snowmen and bling. Aim to have your house "holiday free" by January first, embracing the New Year with less to worry about and less to put away!

Rachel Seavey, Professional Organizer
I am located in Pleasanton Ca, and serve the San Francisco Bay Area.
I specialize in Hoarding Disorder, Chronic Disorganization and helping the overwhelmed with clutter. I love what I do, and I provide realistic expectations and timelines. Don't suffer in chaos any  more. Every breath is a new beginning! Please visit my site at www.collectorcare.com
Tweet me on Twitter : Like my Facebook page : Find me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment