Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hoarding and Self Care - 3 Simple Hygiene Tips

Dear Collectors,

As you know, I specialize in extreme clutter, so I see a lot on a daily basis. It's gotten really hard to be shocked these days. How extreme can it get? MEGA extreme. On a scale of one to ten, my one is probably your ten. When I spend half a day cleaning fecal matter off of walls, and can still have lunch, you know I have gotten numb to the severity. People ask me all of the time how and why I do this kind of work. You really have to have a tough stomach, I say. And a good imagination! It's all "chocolate" to me.

So what do I personally do for self care? Besides the basics (showering, brushing teeth and hair), I like massages, facials, manicures, pedicures. You can say I like to pamper myself. Work hard, play hard.
This is not me! (www.freedigitalphotos.net model)

What are you doing for self care? I know many of you cannot access your bathrooms due to clutter. How are you cleaning yourselves? Are you properly brushing? From what I have seen you are not. 
Not only are you treating your environment poorly, but you are neglecting yourselves dear Collectors. You deserve so much better. If you have no running water, or cannot properly wash or brush your teeth, below are 3 tips to help with hygiene:
  1. Wipes. Wipe your face and body down with baby wipes. Throw wipes into disposal bag, and recycle. 
    Any kind will do, but I like this one.
  2. Travel toothbrushes. They make them with toothpaste built in and are safe to swallow. Brush your teeth daily and recycle disposable brush.
  3. Dry shampoo. Rock stars use it, so should you. Get fresh feeling hair fast. 
Now.  DO NOT BUY IN BULK. I don't like suggesting things for you all to use, if you are going to buy it in bulk. These are hygiene tips, not a chance to go out and spend. Let's control ourselves Collectors and be mindful when we acquire.

Hopefully the tips above will give you a little confidence boost and you will be pleased with yourself for treating yourself better.

www.collectorcare.com Professional Organizers & Extreme Cleaners SF Bay & Worldwide

925-548-7750 #collectorCareCares licensed. bonded. insured.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Have you ever tried doTerra Essential Oils? They are amazing and always make me feel better after a hard day!
    Happy New Year!
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn I love essential oils!!! Try putting a drop of lavender in a warm washcloth and inhaling after a long day. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete