Monday, February 11, 2013

Local Self Help Group Pleasanton - Fun Story


This is a quick story from our self-help clutterers meeting which is anonymous, but I was giving approval to give a vague depiction for this blurb. I was going through a basket of clutter with my @timeTimer when I came across a dress that I had purchased on sale and wore many times. It now had a broken shoulder strap. 
When I moved it into the “trash” basket, there was a unified gasp and then complete silence. As I moved on, hands went flailing into the air to ask questions about the dress. I told them I had bought it for less than $10 five years ago and that the strap never fit well. I don’t sew and the cost of paying someone sounds silly. The cost of driving over to pay someone to fix the dress and then driving a second time to go pick it up sounds even worse. “Well ,why don’t you donate it?! “ Someone shouted. Great question but,  I don’t think anyone wants an old dress with a broken strap … “Make a pillow out of it!” Someone demanded.  
I LOVE this group. Such enthusiasm! What would you have done?




ClutterLess (CL) is a nonprofit, peer-based, self-help, support group for people with difficulty discarding unwanted possessions.

Room 7 at 7 pm.
NOTE We meet EVERY MONDAY
(Except some Holidays like Labor Day - Please come before or after)

7:00 to 8:30 pm at the:
St Mary & St. John Coptic Orthodox Church
RM 7, 4300 MIRADOR DR.
PLEASANTON, Ca.
(The building was formerly the Pleasanton Presbyterian Church)*

No comments:

Post a Comment