Monday, January 9, 2012

Seriously gross, but real. What to do? Pet Accidents.

Growl.

I literally just came home and found a " #2 present" on OF COURSE the white carpet.
All of our pets love to regress on the beloved white carpet. Sigh.
What I always do is an immediate spot clean. I like to use natures miracle which isn't cheap but highly effective and you can find it online and in pet stores. A good soaking will do and then throw many paper towels over it. With gloves, remove and dispose of the paper towels. Next blot like crazy. Blot like your life depended on it. Take that paper towel and push it down as hard as you can, but don't rub.
Have your carpets professionally cleaned regularly. My favorite carpet guy in the Bay Area is Rob Geen of R&A Dynasty. This guy is amazing, I use him myself. 

Whatever you do, don't just walk by your house and ignore a pile or piddle. It will only begin to smell worse and your carpet will be damaged. Not to mention unsanitary, unsightly, and a great excuse for your pet to use the same spot. Don't let your house become a pet potty, your home is your sacred space and has to be treated as such for you to feel better.

That's it for now folks, until next time. And there will be a next time for this one.

Rachel Seavey, Professional Organizer
I am located in Pleasanton Ca, and serve the San Francisco Bay Area.
I specialize in Hoarding Disorder, Chronic Disorganization and helping the overwhelmed with clutter. I love what I do, and I provide realistic expectations and timelines. Don't suffer in chaos any  more. Every breath is a new beginning! Please visit my site at www.collectorcare.com
Tweet me on Twitter : Like my Facebook page : Find me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment