Sunday, June 28, 2015

Starving Organizer ISO Funds

Thanks for opening up this solicitation! Please send me $35 NOW so I don't die. This is where I attach a photo of me emaciated and destitute. Lying in the street gutter with the rats. And a broken neck. 

I am SO tired of "charities" bombarding my clients with never ending requests for money. I have seen thousands of mailings plastered with graphic photos of the most disturbing matters!! Five different "Save the horse" mailings with five different stories of slaughtered horses from five different outfits. All of them needy, all of them pulling on your heart strings. 

You donate to one company and they sell your name to 10 more. Before you know it you have stacks and stacks of solicitations and can't remember which one you donated to begin with. My Client Roz wrote an article all about our personal experiences with this exact subject matter.

"I get too much mail from organizations with sob stories or worse on the awful treatment of (fill in the blank) dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, dolphins, children, and old people. Of course they ask for money. If I send them $10 or $20, and I usually do, I get on more mailing lists from more heart wrenching organizations. " (See link below for full article).

I love the ones who send money. Yes they send $2 bills, pocket change, stamps.
You can't throw money out so you are compelled to open it. You take out your $2 bill (how do they afford that?!) and a picture of animal testing falls out. You have got to donate to this one! After all they did just send you two dollars. 

Don't get me wrong I strongly believe in donating to charities. I do not believe in organizations praying on compassionate people. I do not believe in organizations selling your information to other companies.

How do you track who you donate to? Are you overwhelmed with abundance of solicitations? Do you have stacks and stacks of mail from charities looking for donations?

Below are three tips to help you manage solicitation mailings.

www.freedigitalphotos.net1. Put all of your solicitation mailings in a box. Go through this box with ruthlessness. Open up each solicitation that you are interested in donating to and do step 2 before you mail your donation. 
2. Create a spreadsheet or list on who you just donated to, how much and the date.
3. Write "return to sender" on ones you just can't stand and put them in your outgoing mail. If that's too mean for you, recycle or shred them immediately.

To read Roz's personal experience on how we handle her solicitation clutter, read here: danvillesanramon.com/blogs/p/2015/06/09/getting-organized

Until next time dear Collectors! As always, please feel free to post a comment with your experience on mail solicitation clutter.

Rachel Seavey, Blogger &
Owner of Collector Care
Do you need help going through your mail?
Not sure who you donated to last or when?
Collector Care Professional Organizers can help you diminish your mail clutter today!

Give us a call 925-548-7750 or visit our website at www.collectorcare.com


2 comments:

  1. Please "pray" on me all you want. God is good. However, of course, I would agree that "preying" on people is not nice.

    ReplyDelete