Monday, July 14, 2014

3 Tips On Jewelry Care and Organization

Hello Collectors! Is your jewelry all over the place? Is it on surfaces, in boxes, mixed in with paper? Maybe its just crammed into a jewelry box, out of sight out of mind. Whatever the case is, if you need help organizing your jewelry, keep reading.

    www.freedigitalphotos.net
  1. Get it together. Corral your jewelry and get it all together. Go room by room, collecting your jewelry and put it all on top of one table or bed so that you can see what you have. If you are working with Hoarding Disorder or Chronic Disorganization, step one might be the hardest. I invite you to hire a Professional Organizer trained in valuable recovery. We find gold, diamonds, gems, and costume jewelry in the most random places, on a daily basis.
  2. Care. Untangle necklaces, reunite earring pairs, polish silver, use jewelry cleaner and take care of all of your jewelry. If you see a piece that no longer suits or serves you, donate it. If you find a piece that has no hope, toss it. Turn in bulk gold for cash if it has accumulated.
    Only keep the amount of jewelry that you can personally care for.
  3. Organize. Find the perfect home for all of your jewelry and put it neatly away. This can be a jewelry box, hooks on the wall, Tupperware containers, etc.
    I personally use the "Little Black Dress" by Umbra. I love how you can easily find what you need through the clear pockets. I store it in my closet on it's hanger, protected from dust and from being lost. (Photo above).

    Certified? Keep your "Certificates of Authenticity" together in a file in your filing cabinet.

    Do you have a lot of empty boxes that your jewelry came in? The cardboard ones with the fluff inside can be recycled. Only keep boxes that you can reuse.
Now that you have all of your jewelry together, cleaned & organized the last thing you need to do is sport it! Enjoy your bling Collectors. You paid for it, you should enjoy it!


Rachel Seavey, Professional Organizer & Blogger
www.collectorcare.com / rachel@collectorcare.com
Licensed, Bonded & Insured.

#collectorCareCares

3 comments:

  1. Great tips to keep accessories in order and in good shape. I have two recommendations, one is using an ice cube tray to put rings or pendants and second I use an empty cardboard tea box to organize my watches, since the box is divided in squares every watch fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ice cube tray and tea box ideas! I will have to remember to pass that on to my crafty clients! Thank you for stopping by Nacho, we always love hearing your "voice" here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips! I need to take better care of my jewelry. My necklaces get tangled and it gets to be really annoying. Maybe I just need a new jewelry box. http://www.thisnthatgifts.org/np1-listing-dept-95020

    ReplyDelete