Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hoarder Babe - A story about me from a mystery Collector.

Dear Collectors, thank you for your kind messages and sweet wishes. Whoever wrote this to me is especially creative, and I hope you don't find offense with me posting this online. You were not offended sending it to me right? (winks)

Last weekend I spoke at the San Jose Convention Center (so it's a bit creepy that there is reference to it, were YOU there???) and then I got this in my email. When I responded I got a failure to send message. Who are you Lostin Piles? Give us a call, we offer free estimates!

Hoarder Babe

-------------------------------------
Subject: Hoarder Babe

A desperate message comes in to mild mannered Professional Organizer Rachel Seavey while she is presenting at the San Jose Home Show.

Slipping discreetly into an empty room, no one notices the flash of light. But when she comes out and dashes out the front door all dressed in white, hazel eyes gleaming over her mask, there are gasps... isn't that, yes it is, its Hoarder Babe.

freedigitalphotos.net
Arriving on the scene, she finds a man in front of a garage, buried up to his knees in a landslide of paper. What seems to be the problem sir? "My high school reunion is tomorrow, all I wanted to do was find my old yearbook. I know it’s in here somewhere". 

After quizzing him on the color and size of the book, and when it last looked at it, she slowly crawls on top of the pile. Using the expiration dates of old coupons to lead the way, she zeroes in on a bookcase in the back corner that is peeking through the top of the pile.

"Stand back everyone, this could get messy" she says before disappearing into a cloud of utility bills. After several tense minutes, a blue book " The Santa Cruz High School Fighting Vegetarians, Class of '82" slides down the pile to land at his feet. "Oh Thank You Hoarder Babe". She is about but correct him that it is "Hoarder Woman", but decides to accept it as a compliment. With a wink she is gone.

Back at the convention center, dabbing a little makeup on her wrists to conceal the paper cuts, she smiles and says "Hi I'm Rachel, I'd like to talk to you today about Chronic Disorganization".

By Lostin Piles

2 comments:

  1. That was really odd but in some manner a cool story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nacho, I hesitated posting it ... but I just could not help myself. There was nothing "inappropriate" said so why not! Now if only someone would mysteriously submit a graphic for "hoarder babe" (appropriate of course!) I would be most grateful (hint hint).
      Thanks for reading this Nacho and for having a good sense of humor!

      Delete