Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy #trashyTuesday - Talking Trash with Collector Care

Hello Collectors! Happy #trashyTuesday!  If you haven't noticed we see a lot of trash. Some of it's fun and bizarre, so why not celebrate it?! Just today I saw on the curb a: (1960's?) half upholstered recliner basting in the hot son in front of 2 empty splintered wicker baskets, one old athletic sock, a flattened soda bottle  and a  Dora the Explorer folding stroller *missing one wheel* with a sign that said "FREE". Oh the disappointment I felt when my iphone was out of juice and I could not take a snap. It did however, provoke my curiosity. Where all of this come from? How did it get here? Oh the stories, and travels of municipal trash.

What can you spot in this picture below? 



"Random stuff of no value combined, becomes interesting." - Rachel Seavey
If I have not lost you yet, you should check out this video of "Rob" the bag man,
and hear what he has to say about #trashyTuesday!




Disclaimer: Any pictures/video/articles of trash that I post I have taken myself, or the original author has provided me with consent. On many occasions I have purchased a picture of trash like the one above. Yes, I purchase pictures of trash. Go ahead trash me :)
Secondly: We do not store any of these items, they are strictly to be captured online. We will not retrieve any treasures you think you might have found zooming into these pictures. No exceptions!
If you have a picture (that you own) of trash, want to share trash related articles, or want to submit trash humor - let me know! rachel@collectorcare.com

Do you need help getting organized? www.collectorcare.com Professional Organizers and Hoarding Experts in the San Francisco Bay Area. Caring resources for collectors just a phone call away 925-548-7750

No comments:

Post a Comment