Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Is recycling a big part of your clutter issue?


Hey collectors! Especially my GREEN Bay area collectors! And all of those green people out there in the world recycling to make a difference! Thank you so much for doing your part. 

I would like to talk a little bit about recycling and how it can create clutter. A lot of the times I walk into a home and peoples recycling bin's are out of control. Most of the time recycling is all over the place. My clients know it's a good thing to recycle but it just never gets out the door. 

Do you have a recycling overload at your home? 

There are a few common items people get hung up on, first I will start with rinsing. You do not need to rinse your recycling. If you do not believe me call your local recycling center. No one is going to think of you as dirty or lazy because you did not rinse out your recycling. Please note mucky items such as peanut butter should be rinsed out.
I have several clients that rents their recycling to avoid fruit flies. The problem is not with the recycling, you need to take your recycling out more often. Please see below.

Next I noticed people wait until a large recycling can is full until they take their recycling out. Take recycling out in small bags every day so that you don't get backed up. Sometimes people make their recycling bins or bag so heavy that they can no longer physically take them out. Keep it small and simple by taking out small bags that are easy to manage

Also if you struggle with hoarding disorder and/or perfectionism, I want you to think to yourself about how important it is to address your hoarding tendencies and not so much the rinsing of the recycling... What is really important to you? Getting your life back together or impressing these imaginary people at the recycling center? Don't lose track of your vision!

I love recycling, I have even attached a picture of my recycling bin so you see that I practice what I preach.

I have my recycling bin at the top, and my stash of bags at the bottom. Yes even I have a very small stash of bags.


My recycling container is easy to manage, and easy to clean.

The moral of this story is ... Continue recycling! Just don't be a perfectionist about it or let it get out of control by using the tips in this post.

Do you need help getting your recycling under control? 

Visit www.collectorcare.com 
or call 925-548-7750 today!

Rachel Seavey, Blogger #collectorCareCares

No comments:

Post a Comment